Are you ready for another joy-filled year of snowmen, sweets, toys, and treats? If so, be sure to continually practice safe and effective oral health care habits so your teeth and gums last for many holiday seasons to come.
The holiday season brings with it increased risks to your mouth. Protect your teeth for a very merry mouth during the holidays. Follow the guidelines below:
– The holiday season can be stressful at times, but don’t resort to biting on your nails, which can fracture your teeth.
– Hard candies are a staple of most holiday treats, so be cautious when biting into them, or you may suffer an oral accident.
– As candy canes become larger and larger, the risk of tooth damage becomes greater and greater.
– If you are considering have your tongue pierced, many metal bars and brackets used for cosmetic piercings can easily crack or chip your teeth.
– If you are considering sports such as ice skating, skiing, or hockey, always remember to wear a mouth guard.
– Try to avoid chewing on ice this winter. Ice cubes, hard snow, and icicles can all crack, chip, or damage your teeth.
Take care of your teeth and gums this holidays season, and they will reward you with many more joyous seasons to come. If you are looking for fantastic dentists and where to find them, our office at Bear River Dental is located in Evanston, Wyoming. To make an appointment with Dr. Nathan Lester, please call our team at 307.789.5608. This season, be thankful for your smile!