Did you go in yet for an oral cancer screening? In the United States, over 40,000 people will be diagnosed with oral cancer annually. If you notice any irregularities in your oral health, get an examination or cancer screening immediately, as the sooner cancer is detected the more likely you are to recover.
Listed below are the most common signs and indications of oral cancer:
– Unusual bleeding frequently occurs from the mouth.
– Persistent degrees of difficulty chewing, speaking, eating, or swallowing.
– Observable signs of bumps, lumps, rough spots, crusts, swelling, or eroded areas in your mouth.
– A feeling that something is stuck in the back of your throat could be a sign of oral cancer.
– Ear pain is noticed, or there is numbness and loss of feeling in the mouth and areas around the face and neck.
– An insistent sore throat or change in your voice that does not go away.
– There are white, red, or speckled areas in the mouth.
– Drastic weight loss could be a symptom of cancer.
– Fluctuations with your teeth’s alignment, including how well they align and how well you can open and close your mouth.
– Sores in your mouth, neck, or face that do not recover after 2 weeks that continue to bleed easily.
If you are in need of an oral cancer screening or any other procedure at Bear River Dental, you are welcome to book an appointment with Dr. Nathan Lester and our team at our dentist office in Evanston, Wyoming. We can be reached at 307.789.5608. We look forward to hearing from you soon!