One of the most common diseases that can come from the buildup of plaque in your mouth is gum disease. Gum disease, also known as periodontal disease, is an condition in which your gum tissues become infected. One of the earliest stages of gum disease is known as gingivitis. To determine if you are suffering from gingivitis, look for the common signs and symptoms and practice good oral hygiene.
– To keep your smile safe from the risks of gingivitis, always make sure you visit your dentist for routine checkups and examinations.
– Symptoms of gingivitis include excessive redness of your gums and bleeding after brushing and flossing.
– Chronic bad breath is a symptom of gingivitis, and if you continue to suffer from halitosis after routine treatments, gingivitis may be the cause.
– To help improve your oral health, you should you eliminate lifestyle habits that can have a negative effect on your health. This can include smoking or chewing tobacco as well as using drugs.
– Diabetes and pregnancy, along with some medications may contribute to gum disease.
If you are suffering from gingivitis, contact Dr. Nathan Lester and the rest of our team at Bear River Dental. You are welcome to call our dentist office in Evanston, Wyoming at 307.789.5608.